One really great thing about our insane cook Paula. She notices when I am busy elsewhere and sends in recipes for all of us to enjoy. For this I thank her. So I put this one out for you guys.
Be warned though. I am going to be doing a few recipes and pieces on really CHEAP & EASY dishes, due to some email that I have received. So if any of you out there have any... SEND THEM IN!
You’re all probably tired of chicken recipes by now. This one works with ground beef as well. A simple, flavorful and easy dish. Did I mention its’ all in ONE DISH!
- 1 Large bowl
- A casserole baking dish
- Small skillet to sauté
- 3 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken (cut into strips)
- 3 Cups Zucchini, diced
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Cups Peppers, mix colors , diced
- 2 Bunches of Scallions, diced
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 Gloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Brown or Grain Rice (uncooked)
- Use 2-3 lbs ground Beef or Steak Strips in place of chicken
- Exchange Beef Broth for Chicken Broth
- Add Mushrooms
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil in skillet.
- Saute Garlic and Scallions until tender
- In a large bowl, put the rest of the ingredients, except the olive oil, together and toss until mixed
- Pour into casserole baking dish
- Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over mixture
- Bake @ 350º Fahrenheit (180º Celsius) for 45 minutes
Leaving this at a 3 star simply because of the amount of veggies and spices involved. It sounds really good though. And there are never enough chicken recipes.