Nancy sent this one in a while back....she was reading our macaroni & cheese recipes posted already. This one she writes:
This is the very best and the fastest, easiest mac and cheese recipe I've ever found. I don't remember where I got it...I know it was many years ago, but I'm betting you'll love the ease and creamy flavor or it.. I guarantee it!
This is very quick, easy and makes a very creamy dish with lots of flavor.
(Yield: 4-6 servings)
- One 7-oz. box of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teas. salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (You can buy already-shredded cheese in supermarkets)
- Dusting of Paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over med. heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce, and stir to completely blend.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
People often ask me why I started even messing with cooking. Well simply put it was due to spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. When my kids discovered I could not even make such a simple recipe..well that was that. This is a very easy macaroni & cheese recipe to go along with our other posts on Mac & Cheese. Click here to see all the Macaroni & Cheese recipes.
Click here to vote for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the Best Kosher Food/Recipe Blog @ JIB