Macaroni and Cheese

Nancy sent this one in a while back....she was reading our macaroni & cheese recipes posted already. This one she writes:
This is the very best and the fastest, easiest mac and cheese recipe I've ever found. I don't remember where I got it...I know it was many years ago, but I'm betting you'll love the ease and creamy flavor or it.. I guarantee it!

This is very quick, easy and makes a very creamy dish with lots of flavor.

Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients:
(Yield: 4-6 servings)
  1. One 7-oz. box of elbow macaroni
  2. 1/4 cup butter or margarine
  3. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  4. 1/2 teas. salt
  5. Pinch of pepper
  6. 2 cups of milk
  7. 2 cups (8 ounces) of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (You can buy already-shredded cheese in supermarkets)
  8. Dusting of Paprika
Directions:

  1. Cook macaroni according to package directions.
  2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over med. heat.
  3. Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
  4. Cook until bubbly.
  5. Gradually add milk.
  6. Cook and stir until thickened.
  7. Stir in the cheese until melted.
  8. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce, and stir to completely blend.
  9. Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.


People often ask me why I started even messing with cooking. Well simply put it was due to spaghetti and macaroni and cheese. When my kids discovered I could not even make such a simple recipe..well that was that. This is a very easy macaroni & cheese recipe to go along with our other posts on Mac & Cheese. Click here to see all the Macaroni & Cheese recipes.

Vote For Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen In The JIB'sClick here to vote for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen as the Best Kosher Food/Recipe Blog @ JIB Vote For Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen in the JIB

Comments

Anne Coleman said…
Been there...done that...happy to help! Good Luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...