- 1 pound chicken leg or thigh meat,cut into bite-size chunks
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
- 2 Tablespoons White Wine
- A large bowl
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Roasting pan
- Mix all marinade ingredients (except wine) and pour over chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate, stirring often, for several hours or overnight.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees F for one hour in a single layer, basting every 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Scrape pan juices with all the brown bits into a sauce pan. Add two tablespoons white wine. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes
- Pour over chicken and serve.
Direct URL to the Video (if you don't see it above)
2 stars for difficulty because the only difficulty here is planning ahead. Paula asks to wait at the very least a few hours so that the Bourbon can sink in to the meat. It is by the way a good practice to do with all meat recipes. If you are applying a special sauce it is always a good idea to allow at least a few hours for it to sink into the meat.