Paula sent in this easy and almost instant method of making a chocolate cake even better. She writes:
This is an easy recipe and it makes a nice dish to take to a gathering. You don’t have to have a trifle dish to make it.. it just looks prettier..
- 1 Large Tub of non dairy whipped topping
- 2 Cups Cherries (pitted, cut in half)
- Chocolate cake ( homemade or packaged )
- If you are using a homemade cake, cook it according to the recipe..
- Crumble the cake and put 1/2 of it in the bowl
- Add 1/2 the tub of whipped topping
- Add 1/2 the cherries
- Repeat layers..reserve a few cherries to garnish the top
Paula began this submission by announcing it is a one star for difficulty. This will get a one if you use bought chocolate cake. Not if you have to bake it yourself! But this is a wonderful way to turn a chocolate cake into something special with whipped cream. Simple and easy and makes for a nice desert. Remember to keep in parve, both the chocolate cake and the whipped cream must be non-dairy.