As in our previous post, Vegetable Lasagna, I saved this one for right before Yom Kippur as it is a great and easy one on the stomach. Also real easy to prepare. Paula sent this one in.
- 4 Large Tomatoes (sliced thin or diced)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Pound Buffalo Mozzarella
- 1/4 Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Basil (chopped)
- 1 Clove Garlic (minced)
- Black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Serving dish with sides
- Place tomato slices or diced cubes in dish
- Add the onions
- Add Mozzarella
- Sprinkle basil, parsley, garlic and pepper over it
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Drizzle with vinegar.
- If the dish is small, continue layers.
- Refrigerate until chilled and serve
Just simple and easy and good. If you serve this before the fast go easy on the pepper. Otherwise a great side dish for anytime of the year.