A New Year - Great Recipes Coming Up And Hosting KCC 23

In the nature of things we tend to wait for a milestone in time to try an implement some new things. Over the past year, (when I did not take some time off from blogging), we have added some great new recipes, a great deal of humor, and tried to create an easy, yet interesting layout for recipe presentation.

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is devoted not only to those great recipes, but to the person who so does not want to cook. Our niche in the world of Food Blogs, and there are zillions of them, and some quite incredible with really great recipes, is to provide recipes and humor - stories of life - real life - and real homes and real kitchens. That is why Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is open to submissions, be they from professional chefs, to working mothers, to just plain people who love to dance in the kitchen. It is also important to note, that from time to time the effort is made to provide food facts, nutritional facts, and some important news brought to my attention in the food world.

The 23rd Kosher Cooking Carnival Scheduled for Release on October 18th.

Recently, I have the pleasure of being in touch with Batya, who is a serious blogger over at me-ander. Her blog is well known and quite popular in Jewish blogging circles, and she posts on things that are important to her "muse" as she calls it. Batya also runs the something known as the Kosher Cooking Carnival, which is usually presented on a monthly basis at a guest blog. The latest Carnival can be seen here at me-ander, Presenting the 22nd Kosher Cooking Carnival! (You can find the index of the contents of the first twenty-one Kosher Cooking Carnivals here. Here's a listing of all the previous KCC's: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21!)

Kosher Cooking Carnival

Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen will be hosting the 23rd Kosher Cooking Carnival towards the end of October. which I have been told should be released on October 18, 2007. Batya has put an incredible amount of time, effort and work into the Cooking Carnivals, along with all the bloggers that have been kind enough to host one in the past. So at Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen, we are going to try to keep up the humor and combine it with the normative format used here in the blog. Anyone in the blogging world, who wishes to submit a kosher recipe for the October Cooking Carnival should take a moment to read the submission guidelines, follow them to the best of your ability, and then make sure your submission is clearly marked for the 23rd Kosher Cooking Carnival. (Otherwise it will be put in the recipe queue and posted by itself.)

To be clear about this. Anyone who wishes to can submit a recipe for the Cooking Carnival. You need not run a blog to do so. There is no membership or any other requirements. You may also just give us the name of a recipe and a link to it on your blog if you so wish (though I really would like to publish all the recipes here.) You can also in your submission, just give Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen written permission to take the specific recipe(s) off your blog and publish them here as well (so you do not have to type it all out). The only caveat here is that it must be a kosher recipe. They can be professional or home grown. Please try to include pictures if you have any as well. Please remember that all submissions must have the Ingredients clearly listed separately, and explicit directions. Again see the submission guidelines for details.

Photographs With Recipes @ Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

One thing Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen, sorely lacks, are the photographs that go along with the recipes. Some have tried to include stock photographs from the Internet. Whereas the effort is greatly appreciated, it is really not optimum. So for the New Year, Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen is requesting that you try to send in photographs of your recipes, if you have just created that masterpiece in your kitchen.

Let me be clear about this. I do not expect, nor do our readers expect, the mouth watering professional photographs that appear in the great food blogs. But, whatever your recipe is, pick up the old digital camera lying in your desk, snap a few pictures, and send them in with your recipe. Don't worry about size or how big they are or even if you took 40 pictures. I will size them down if need be and choose the ones that are best for the layout. Whereas this is not a requirement, I would like to see more photographs with the recipes at Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen.

Comments

Batya said…
Wonderful. I'm so glad that you've volunteered to host the next KCC.
Thank you so much!

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...