With Thanksgiving almost upon us - here is a recipe for Pumpkin Bread from Paula.
- 2 Cups of Pumpkin
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs ( I use Jumbo)
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 Small bowl
- 1 Whisk
- Either 2 Loaf pans or 1 Cake pan, or 1 Bundt Pan
- In a small bowl , mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Cinnamon until blended.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs and pumpkin together until blended
- Add in oil and whisk until smooth
- Gradually add flour mixture and whisk until blended.
- Pour into greased pan(s) and bake at 350 degrees for 45 - 55 minutes
- Add 1 Cup of Nuts
- Add 1 Cup of Raisins
- Serve with Fresh whipped cream
- Dust top with Powdered Sugar
Not difficult to make and promises to be a hit at any Thanksgiving Meal. Really worth the time in the kitchen.