Lemon Caper Chicken

I want to thank those who sent amazing emails to me asking if all was o .k. Actually, I had just decided that I needed a bit of a break from Blogging and all the work that goes into it. But now we are back in business. And with quite a few recipes waiting in the queue as well. And I have not forgotten the Great Cake Recipe Contest - I will be putting up the winners in the next few days.

I left promising a recipe which would include the Pepper Sherry recipe. This one is from Nancy.

Lemon Caper Chicken



Ingredients:
  1. Kosher salt (I just sprinkle enough salt to lightly coat the bottom of the skillet. Besides bringing out the good flavor of the meat, the large Kosher salt granules kind of hold the meat up off the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick. I know....sounds crazy, but it works)
  2. 4 large chicken breast halves
  3. 1/4 Cup Pepper Sherry
  4. 2 Tablespoon(s) Olive Oil (subsituted for butter)
  5. Juice of 1/2 medium Lemon
  6. 1 Tablespoon(s) capers, drained
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle surface of nonstick skillet with salt.
  2. Place breast halves in pan over salt.
  3. Turn heat to high.
  4. Brown chicken on one side; turn and brown on second side. (If you want to crack off some of the salt, now's the time to do it.)
  5. Remove from heat
  6. Stir in pepper sherry to dissolve browned particles in skillet.
  7. Reduce heat, stir in olive oil, lemon juice and capers. Cover.
  8. Cook over low heat, about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Chic Chatter



Millions of ways to make chicken, and every time I think I have seen it all, along comes another delicious recipe. This requires the Pepper Sherry of the previous post as well, so we are leaving this at a 3-star for difficulty.

Comments

Deborah Dowd said…
Teddy, Glad to see you back, and I can understand needing a break- if blogging becomes something else you have to do, where is the fun!
SteamyKitchen said…
My kids would love this chicken. I'll try it next week!

::off to go find out what Pepper Sherry is::
site said…
Quite worthwhile material, thank you for the post.

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...