Man oh Man...Paula is driving me crazy for cookies! Getting out the Oreo's!
Since I’m on a cookie kick.. here is another favorite of mine. During the holidays I make all different kinds of cookies and make trays up for people.. These never really make it onto the tray. They get eaten up too quickly.
I prefer them without the glaze but if you tend to like a sweeter taste, use the glaze.
- 1 Cup of Butter (2 sticks) Softened ( you can replace with margarine)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar ( I use powdered sugar instead of granulated)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Raspberry Jam (or preserves, not jelly as jelly melts down to liquid)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Almond Extract
- 2-3 Teaspoons Water
- Powdered Sugar in the dough (makes a smoother dough , in my opinion)
- Boysenberry Jam
- Blueberry Jam
- Strawberry Jam
- Serve without glaze.
- Electric Mixer
- Large Bowl
- Small bowl (for glaze)
- Cookie Sheet
- Whisk (for glaze)
- Thumb (yes that is right - YOUR THUMB!)
- Combine butter, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract in a large bowl
- Mix at medium speed, scrape sides of bowl often
- Mix until creamy
- Reduce speed to low, add flour
- Continue to mix until well blended
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for an hour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls
- Place two inches apart on cookie sheet
- Make an indentation in the center of the cookie ball with your thumb (edges may crack slightly)
- Fill each indent with Fruit Jam , approx ¼ teaspoon(Raspberry , etc.)
- Bake for 14 – 18 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool completely
- Prepare glaze with a whisk and drizzle across the tops of cookies
They are cookies so we will leave it at a three. But with these Paula proves that she is one hell of a cookie maker - and leaves my mouth watering. Well folks, let us see which one of you cookie makers can top this! (I would use the butter here, but if you use margarine well, parve!)