(An old recipe from Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen with pictures now added)
Paula really surprises with this one! Candy Recipes! Wowsers!
Who doesn’t like candy? This is fairly easy and makes a great gift idea when placed in a decorative tin.
And you thought I snuck out of the kitchen!
You will need a candy thermometer.
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks Butter)
- 3 Cups of Slivered Almonds (Divided)
- 3 - 6 Oz Packages Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Combine sugar, salt, water and butter. Cook to the light crack stage (285 f on candy thermometer). Stirring constantly.
- Add 1 cup almonds.
- Pour quickly on well greased cookie sheet and spread out with a metal spatula. Fast now, because it will set fast.
- Allow to cool for ½ hour.
- Melt chocolate morsels in saucepan on top of the stove or in microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 30- second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
- Spread half on top of cooled toffee.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of slivered almonds and press into chocolate.
- Allow it to set then turn toffee over and spread with remaining chocolate and 1 cup of almonds.
- When completely cooled, break into pieces.
Great Idea! Candy for all and Paula said to send her all the dental bills! This is a great gift idea, and also to keep around the house.