English Toffee - Great Candy Recipe

(An old recipe from Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen with pictures now added)

Paula really surprises with this one! Candy Recipes! Wowsers!

Who doesn’t like candy? This is fairly easy and makes a great gift idea when placed in a decorative tin.

And you thought I snuck out of the kitchen!
English Toffee



You will need a candy thermometer.

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cups of Sugar
  2. 1 Teaspoon of Salt
  3. 1 Cup of Water
  4. 1 Cup (2 Sticks Butter)
  5. 3 Cups of Slivered Almonds (Divided)
  6. 3 - 6 Oz Packages Semi Sweet Chocolate Morsels
Directions:
  1. Combine sugar, salt, water and butter. Cook to the light crack stage (285 f on candy thermometer). Stirring constantly.
  2. Add 1 cup almonds.
  3. Pour quickly on well greased cookie sheet and spread out with a metal spatula. Fast now, because it will set fast.
  4. Allow to cool for ½ hour.
  5. Melt chocolate morsels in saucepan on top of the stove or in microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on high for 30- second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted.
  6. Spread half on top of cooled toffee.
  7. Sprinkle with 1 cup of slivered almonds and press into chocolate.
  8. Allow it to set then turn toffee over and spread with remaining chocolate and 1 cup of almonds.
  9. When completely cooled, break into pieces.

Great Idea! Candy for all and Paula said to send her all the dental bills! This is a great gift idea, and also to keep around the house.

Posted On: Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen

Comments

Sure send them. In my day job I work with several dental offices. I will look into a group rate.

Honestly this one is probably one of the easiest candy recipes I have.

Enjoy
Anonymous said…
Sure, yummy, just dont tell your teeth!

http://p2plendingwithprosper.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
your recipe sucks it started a real fire in my kitchen.
Anonymous said…
Wow!! English toffee.....this is just delicious.its looking great and I'm sure it'll be a big hit with the kids! Although I'm to a big fan of toffee. I would love to try them. the candy recipe also seems to be nutritious. Thanks for the recipe.
SakuraBabes said…
so yummy ^____^
ehm...yummy...<-> <->
zefry said…
very yummy..I became very hungry ..
Stellar said…
Wow, my grandad always loved toffee, particularly hard, really chewy toffee so I guess thats where I get the love for it from!

Can you tell me, is this toffee hard and chewy or more easy on the teeth?
Toffees are an old time favourite of mine so this just made my day :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baking Powder

Shrek Cookbook - Book Review

How It All Began...