Paula, the insane cook, is an avid Baseball fan and a Boston Red Sox die-hard. So she has been busy with baseball and out of her kitchen for a bit. I honestly thought her next submission would be a Boston Red Sox Cake, but alas I guess she just cannot get the colors right! After all it only took almost a century for the Red Sox to come back!
- 3 Pound broiler/ fryer chicken
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce (homemade or bought)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Dry White Wine
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Clove Garlic , minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
You will need:
- Large Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Fill Pot with 2 cups of water
- Add chicken and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes
- Remove from heat and cool
- Remove 1 cup of stock (water from chicken) and discard
- Remove chicken from the bones, discard bones
- Cut chicken into chunks
- Place all ingredients in the pot and cover
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for 30 minutes, uncovered.
This is a fairly simple but good recipe for chicken. It also does not require a lot of "nursing" and can be ready with a bit of pre-planning in 60-90 minutes. The hard part is getting rid of all the bones, but once the chicken has been boiled, that is a fairly easy process. So Two stars for difficulty.