Paula sent this one in a long time ago.
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- Large sauce Pan
- Large Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Mix all marinade ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Place chicken in marinade and chill for four hours.
- Just before baking chicken, combine the following items in a saucepan and simmer for an hour. This will be served with the chicken.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) Margarine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Cup sugar
This is a fairly simple recipe for chicken and an excellent one at that. Gets two stars for ease. And the pineapple is a welcome addition to the chicken.